yesterday, i feasted my own eyes on the glory that is Temple, TX, home of Kara Hicks. and why might you ask was Temple so awesome? here’s why:
TOP 10 5 REASONS to like Temple:
5. it’s only an hour drive from Austin (just when you get sick of driving at the hour mark, you’re in Temple!)
4. Safety- with a population of 54,000 (just beating the student population at UT) spread over a large area, one’s chances of ending up in a pickle are statistically unlikely
3. the Angus Cows- i’ve known that angus steaks are delicious to eat, but little did i know that angus cows are known for being “cute” (as kara would say) and friendly. you can “mahh” at them and they will come and let you pet them.
Note: do not make sudden movements around the cows, michelle did that and freaked them out.
2. a trip to temple can be managed into a one day trip, or an evening trip, b/c it’s only one hour away from Austin
1. and finally, when in Temple, I can play speed scrabble with susan and paul hicks!